Monday, November 10, 2014

15th Blogger/Non-Blogger Design Challenge

For some reason, I was thinking this was the 14th, so I am a tad late. But below is my offering for the BNB Design Challenge.

The picture we had:

was of pirates. And when I think of pirates, I think of the orient and the exciting gold, jewels and silks they have.

So I had found a beautiful tin that just screamed these words to me. I knew I wanted to make it into a necklace so I contacted Tammy at TTE Designs and asked if I sent her the tin, if she could cut me out some rounds for a necklace.  She so graciously agreed for a small fee.  I was so happy!


When I got my "rounds" back I was so excited yet wasn't sure what to do. So they sat on my desk for a bit as we thought about what kind of design to do.  I tried black beads and they were too stark, then plain white one and they didn't work either. So I went to the local bead store and browsed around and found some cream beads with oriental art work.  They worked perfect!











So this is what I came up with.. I really love it and just might keep it for myself. And if you notice I have it on a cloth covered mannequin top that I have been wanting to get and couldn't afford...until I drove by a yard sale...and there she was. $20 later she was in my car and headed home. I love that I found it as I have wanted one to hang my necklaces on to photograph.





































Hoped you enjoyed my little piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment