Monday, April 15, 2013

Macro Monday - 041513

Well I have been out of the loop for a bit, but trying to get back into the swing of things so here goes!


Now I am not a fan of  "bugs" but living in the country you tend to run into a few. This little critter, he is really only about 2 inches, went running across my desk the other day. Being more startled than scared he got away before I could grab my camera.  So later that night, my son happened to see it on the door between the dining room and family room and was able to get some pics.  To look at it you would think it was a spider, then no...the front legs are to long and he has "10" legs.  Sooooo being that I HAD to know what it was I set on an adventure to find it.  It was very illusive to say the least. I even emailed Glen at http://www.spiderzrule.com/wind.htm   to find out what it was. But lo and behold, it ISN'T a spider. It is an arachnid. It is called a sun spider, wind scorpion, camel spider and so on. Non venomous, but kills it prey by ripping it apart.  (Sounds like The Terminator) anyway, it is good for catching other bugs.  So I guess it can stay as long as it stays OFF my desk!  Oh yea, when they curl up, they bring those longgggg legs up close to them and look dead......

Thanks for looking and for more wonderful Macro's hop on over to Macro Monday.

Bye!



1 comment:

  1. I learned something new! For me it would have been a little spider! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete