Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pine Ridge Treasures Color Blog Hop


I'm Here, I'm Here, I'm Here..said the Who's to Horton....

Ok, so I am late, but I made it.

Again I took part in a fabulous bead challenge hosted by Lisa at Pine Ridge Treasures.

We have had the beads since before Christmas..you would think I would have had the necklace and earrings done and posted...but...what can I say. So onward...

Below is what Lisa sent me for the challenge:



And they sat on my desk all through the holidays waiting for me to make up my mind on what I wanted to do.  So I got out my color wheel and played with different combinations since I wanted some color besides green and white.

So this is what I came up with:
























It is kind of hard to see, but the crystals in the first row have purple in them so I added purple seed pearls, with some lavender stone beads on the end. In the second row I used orange Swarovski crystals to pick up the orange of the stone beads in the first row. Then the third row I used the orange and purple beads along with the green beads and white pearl beads. The earrings are three sections hooked together using the same beads, though I did leave out the purple in case one would want to wear the earrings with something else green and white.

I have an idea for the grayish/green stones that are left and hope to get them up soon. I am a tax preparer so right now I am really, really busy!

For more wonderful eye candy hop over to Lisa's blog and see the rest of the participants.

Til next time

Keep on beading!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome necklace and earring set, Veralynne! I love the nifty color combination you selected. I would wear that piece with pride. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came up with a beautiful color combination! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete