Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party Bead Hoarders Edition 2017

And Now The Sequel........... 



Below is the first post about Lori's BSBP and what I sent my partner and what my partner, Laurie Vyselaar sent me. Below all that....is what I made with the goodies I got.



Hello all, it is time for one of Miss Lori's Bead Soup Blog Party's. We are so glad that she has been able to do this and that her awesome recovery will continue. We so missed her!

And if you have wondered where I have been, well I am a tax preparer, so until April 18 I will be somewhat scarce but I will be beading!!!!!

     So for this soup party I was matched with the talented Laurie Vyselaar. She is just a hop skip and jump south of me in Fl!

     First: what I sent her!  
                   

NOW for what she sent me! And I can't wait to get working on them!

                    

    I see a "Garden Party". I love Dry Gulch beads and her designs!!! And those cute little lampwork beads from Marie Sawyer....I am keeping them for me! I see some cute earrings in the making with them.  Then that awesome Man on the Moon Pendant that Lauri made. Can't wait to get to that...I can see it with seed beads....
     I am sure I won't get all done by the dead line but I will have the "Garden Party" ready!


⚞⚞⚞⚟⚟⚟

Well, I can tell you "Garden Party" didn't happen. After I got all the beads together I wanted to use, they refused to play nice...So they just sat on my work table for about a week....with me staring at them. So then I started going through my stash thinking about what I might have that would work, but nothing garden party popped up....sigh...but I found some other beads that complimented the hand painted piece by Dry Gulch and the green beads and the blueish green crystals. And this is what I came up with:


  


I really love how purple and the golden green beads really work with the pendant! You cant really see it well in the picture, but there is purple in the pendant.

 And  for the other beads that didn't want to play nice I made earrings out of them....and they look really good! Those were the flowers for my "garden party". Oh well, I like them better this way!




As for those super cute glass birds...here is what I did. Though the picture doesn't show the true color. The beads are grey and white.



Then...that marvelous man in the moon pendant, I wanted to do something really neat, And I did get started, making a spiral necklace for it,  but I ran out of the dark grey pearls, so until I get more it will have to wait. But for the pendant it's self, I have some black and white beads and crystal beads that I am going to bead around with. Hopefully I will get it finished soon, I have been so busy with tax season...no time to bead.....


Here is a close up of the beads so you can see the blue in the middle.



For more beauties hope over to Lori's Pretty Things Bead Soup Party.

Until next time...which is April 8th..

Keep on beading!






30 comments:

  1. Hi Vera, Your first necklace is lovely. Good job on the earrings. The spiral necklace that you have started suits the man in the moon pendant really well.It is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces - green and purple always go so well together. And, I adore those little birdie earrings - they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on everything. Your garden party earrings are great - meant to be! I look forward to seeing your finished man in the moon piece. You are off to a good start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup was amazing ...I was so impressed with what you cooked up ....you r a master chief....ty for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really well done! I can relate to the lack of time during tax season! I hope things slow down for you soon! You did great with the time you had. The earrings are sweet, and the necklace is really creative. And the heart necklace is going to be beautiful.
    Terry Matuszyk Pink Chapeau Vintage Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness you did a fantastic job! I am so impressed with the necklace! How did you find the time during tax season?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can get more of the dark grey pearls and finish the necklace with the man in the moon pendant. I think it will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very elegant and feminine projects!congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made some time to play during the busy season. I think the Man in the Moon project will look amazing when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure looks like a garden party to me! I love the necklace and flower earrings. I like the idea of combining the different coloured Czech flower beads. The pearl and glass bird earrings are lovely...quite delicate. You're going in the right direction with the man in the moon pendant. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done a wonderful job of using the beads you were given!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done a wonderful job of using the beads you were given!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done a wonderful job of using the beads you were given!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your pretties!!! Your first necklace is amazing, love how you used the long bar looking thing, sorry didn't really know how to describe it. Very very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything you made, but especially the first necklace. (some of my favorite colors) and the fall tree branch is perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful bead work! That last focal is WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the last piece & earrings - Hope you can find more supplies to finish the last piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful designs! Can't wait to see the work in progress when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you totally tamed those beads so they play together very well. All of your pieces are lovely. That spiral necklace will be perfect with the man-in-the-moon pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such lovely creations. I have never created anything in the way of jewelry so this was so much fun to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pieces - I love that spiral necklace - that's going to be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perhaps you just needed to sit with them for a while. You were successful in the end because the necklace is lovely. I really like the Czech glass flower earrings as well. They sing spring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Garden party indeed, beautiful soup! Your beads are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am supervised that you were able to make anything during tax season. I really like those bird earrings. Those would go with so many of my outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice! I like the bead variations you did in the chain of the first necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply gorgeous, bothe the soup you sent and the creations you made!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You may not have been able to get it to work just as you originally hoped, but the pieces you did make are really great! It looks like you got to a lot of the hoarded treasures she sent you too. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite is the bird earrings. You had such an awesome bead soup! The man in the moon pendant is AWMAZING! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete