Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Art Bead Scene - October

Below is the picture we used for October inspiration...since I am a purple person...I was drawn right in!


"Autumn" 1944 
by Milton Avery
27"  x 35"
Oil on Canvas
About the Art
Milton Avery is a sensitive colorist and designer of two-dimensional patterns in the tradition of Matisse, particularly, though infrequently reminding of Braque and Picasso without the latter's intensity. It is doubtful, however, whether Avery, in terms of content, is saying enough with his color beyond revealing the sophistication of his tastes in dealing with beauty on an abstract basis.
He gives us color and elegant expanse of shape relating to nature, but he denies us the telling detail that humanizes the universal statement. And strangely, in doing so, he loses both universality and the particular.
His landscapes, like his figures, are generally effective decorations of the picture surface in terms of flat, often interlocking shapes of attractive color. But their basically decorative nature is revealed if one thinks of an American painter with a similar desire for directly stated pattern.


So for my piece...I have been playing around with knotting and decided to give it a try. On my craft table was this beautiful purple Gin Blossom, made by Jeannie at JKD Studio just begging to be used...so I created this bracelet for me to wear using wooden beads in the colors with waxed cotton thread....I know my knots aren't great...I am still working on them...but I gave it a whirl with a button closure...I know I still need to tweak it a bit...but I wanted to get posted before the dead line...Hope you enjoy it!






2 comments:

  1. I love how you have made this bracelet. The focal is gorgeous and the knotting between the beads makes me think of vines growing with colourful berries on them.
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and some of my favorite colors, too. I'm wearing purple and gray today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete