Saturday, April 9, 2016

Ceramic Blog & Hop 2016


Well it is that time again! Lisa Lodge of A Grateful Artist has created another wonderful challenge and hop.  When I signed up I figured I had lots of time....silly me...I prepare taxes (have you done yours yet??) so NO I didn't have lots of time...but I was able to create something. I do think I may change a couple of things, but AFTER tax season is over and I can concentrate!

So without further ado, since I am sooo ready for bed...here is what Lisa sent me:


Awesome!!!! BUT I felt it needed some more punch! So I went to the color wheel to see what colors would go with green and orange...and of course..my favorite color - purple! So I went through every purple bead I had, then decided I needed to get some more.

This is what I came up with: (excuse the black. I didn't realize it would show through like that)

I had the green leaf beads so since she sent silver ones and the ceramic pendant was a leaf, I decided to use them. The pendant is orange,. I think I may have been to close with the flash. But you can see the purple in there.


Here is a close up of the clasp and you can see the leaf beads better in the earrings.



Thank you Lisa for another great challenge. I do love participating!  If you want to see more eye candy hop over to her blog for a list of the participants! That is A Grateful Artist.

Have fun ya all...I am going to bed!!

Keep on Beading!
Veralynne 




9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! It's fun to see what focal everyone got. I like how you used the silver on the green leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are so happy! Great necklace and earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best laid plans and thinking you have all the time in the world...I think I've been there...LOL! You did a beautiful job and I do love the touches of purple with your color palette. It looks like a fun design with just the right touches of movement to go with the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design and colors. It can easily span the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like spring has visited your house. Lovely necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like spring has visited your house. Lovely necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty set, Veralynne! It makes me happy looking at it. What a great idea to add a pop of purple. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of color. Fantastik composition!

    ReplyDelete