Sunday, August 21, 2016

Friday's Hunt with Eden Hills 08/19/16



Eden Hills


Well it is Friday again...( actually it is Sunday for me, I am late!) And we have the wonderful Teresa from Eden Hills. This weeks prompts are: Starts with H, Weekly Favorite, and Single.

For starts with H, I had a time finding any in my vacation stash but here is what I came up with. 

This Hugo, Tx. We passed through it on our way to my BIL's house while on vacation.





This one is of my son sitting on a really HOT rock. He told me to make sure I hurried as it was cooking his bum!

















For favorite this week, I was going through the photos of our trip and came across this one. Eva and Issis are eyeing my sons breakfast.































And for single: I have three shots with single subjects in each:
























For more great shots, hop over to Eden Hills and see what else everyone posted. 

Til next week..
Keep on Snapping

Veralynne

7 comments:

  1. A hot rock in HUGO isn't for me. What a son will be for his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can only image how hot a Texas rock would be to sit on. I can see why he wanted you to hurry. Great collection of singles. The cats really do look like they'd like to be invited to join the meal. Thank you so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...yep that rock was hot...and sadly...the cats didn't get any...they had already had their breakfast! LOL.

      Delete
  3. I like your "H" word, 'Hugo, Texas", Vera. Seems I had heard of it but Google wasn't much help. On a map, it wanted me to see Hugo, Oklahoma, which is east of Durant. Here is want Google's find from Texas State Historical Association had to say:
    "HUGO, TEXAS. Hugo was just north of the Comal county line ten miles west of San Marcos in southern Hays County. In the 1800s it was named Purgatory or Purgatory Springs, for a nearby creek and springs. The Purgatory school opened on January 9, 1877, with seventeen students. A Purgatory Springs post office operated from 1890 to 1895, then changed its name to Hugo in 1896. The community, which at one time supported a church and a store as well as the school, declined in the early 1900s. The Hugo post office closed in 1909, and within a few decades the community was abandoned. The 1985 county highway map showed only a cemetery at the site."
    Duno. Do you remember what town you were close to? The article had the old town west of San Marcus. We have my wife's cousin living real close to that vicinity.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you are right, it wasn't Hugo Tx. It was Hugo, OK...but since it was in with my Tx pictures and so close I figured that was where it was. I guess I should double check before posting..thanks for the update! :-)

      Delete
  4. This was fun! I will have to check out the meme there! :)

    ReplyDelete