Saturday, August 20, 2016

ZnetShows New Arrivals Blog Hop




WOW!!!!

ZnetShows has done it again. Not only do they have the greatest selection of sea glass styles already, they just added some new ones. The first one is called a focal set . They have already done most of the work...just add some bling between the sea glass and you are done. The second one is called a stacked set. This one you could easily create stunning earrings sets. The third one is called the button clothing. Now I could so see jazzing up an outfit with these beauties... 

To check them all out head over to the New Arrivals section! I am sure you will be just as blown away as I was.

To showcase the new arrivals, we designers were asked to get creative and make something using the new sea glass.

I received the focal set in Dessert Gold. I had some dark and light green sea glass beads already that I knew would go with them. I also used crystals between the light green beads.I used dark green hemp to string and do the knots. I did have a problem with it. It kept trying to unravel. May have been a bad batch. But I stuck with it and finished it up. I am going to see if I can find some better hemp and redo it. But this is what I made. I did not do a closure as I wasn't sure what kind I wanted to do, plus it goes over the head anyway.


                



For more amazing pieces, hop over to the other participants blogs. 




16 comments:

  1. Hi Vera! I love what you did with your Znet haul!!! The addition of the dark and light green to the dessert gold is absolutely stunning! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I knew when I saw the dessert gold that green was the way to go.

      Delete
  2. I hate that you had such a hard time with the hemp. I know how frustrating that can be. However, I think the hemp was a great choice to make your necklace. And the green with the desert gold is so great! It's not a color combination I would have considered, but it totally stands out. Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I had a real time with hemp. I don't normally, so I may get some more and redo it. I just couldn't get the knots to sit right..but yes, when I saw the dessert gold I knew what I wanted to do right off the bat. Thanks for including me!

      Delete
  3. Isn't the focal set yummy? I really like the color you chose. It's such fun seeing different ideas for working wth them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I really love the focal set..I can see so many ideas utilizing these beads.

      Delete
  4. I am thinking fall with your beautiful set. Love the color combination and your handy work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creations...all that hard work with doing the macrame..dang! And to have the hemp be a pain in the ...uh..yea! great colors too...oh and by the way, the photo of znetshows blog hop is not showing up...thought you might want to know..LOL BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina...I do enjoy macrame. And I can see the picture..don't know what is going on..weird..But thanks

      Delete
  6. What a great set! The color combo is perfect for autumn so extends the time when most folks think sea glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaiha...hadn't thought about it extending the time...I guess a lot of people don't realize it.

      Delete
  7. Hi Vera, Your design is really creative and unique. The colors look fabulous together. Great job. If you can't find hemp that works you might consider waxed linen. I have had good luck knotting it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great earthy colors - Love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vera, Very creative use of the beads! Well done!

    Linda A.
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://CherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vera, I just love your creations! While the colors look like fall, they are some of my favorite colors to wear all the time. It's been awhile since I did any macrame. You've given me some ideas! Thanks a bunch for sharing & inspiring!

    ReplyDelete